Support may be requested from non-profit organizations for radio, television, video, film, audio, or multimedia projects that feature Kurt Weill’s, Lotte Lenya’s, or Marc Blitzstein’s life and/or music. Applications are reviewed by an independent advisory panel per the KWF’s Evaluation Procedures and Criteria.
The annual application deadline is 1 November for proposals for projects and performances taking place on or after 1 January of the coming year and before 1 July of the year following. For example, the application deadline is 1 November 2022 for proposals for projects and performances taking place on or after 1 January 2023 and before 1 July 2024. (Proposals for retroactive funding of projects or performances will not be accepted.)
An additional application deadline of 1 June is primarily intended for College/University Performance grants for productions taking place in the following academic year.
Applications for support of major professional productions/festivals/exhibitions, etc., may be evaluated on a case-by-case basis without application deadlines.
Applicants are encouraged to contact Brady Sansone, Director of Programs and Business Affairs, (email@example.com) to discuss their proposal prior to submission.
All proposals must include:
- A completed Application Form (in English).
- A detailed description of the project (in English).
- A mission statement and summary of activities and past achievements of the applicant.
- Proof of not-for-profit standing.
- An itemized budget showing entire project expenses, income, and projected sources of funding. Applicants must notify the Foundation if other grants are awarded.
- A complete description of the project must be accompanied by a written commitment from the broadcaster, label, etc.
- Documentation of the applicant’s commitment to implementing and enforcing policies that ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion in its practices.