Funding may be requested by authors and not-for-profit publishers to subvent expenses related to preparing manuscripts for publication in a recognized scholarly medium, including editing, indexing, design, and reproduction fees. Topics must be related to Kurt Weill, Lotte Lenya, and/or Marc Blitzstein. All publications must have been subject to peer review. Publication Assistance may be awarded to scholars previously funded with a Research and Travel Grant or a Dissertation Fellowship. Applications are reviewed by an independent advisory panel per the KWF’s Evaluation Procedures and Criteria.
Applicants are encouraged to contact Brady Sansone, Director of Programs and Business Affairs, (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss their proposal prior to submission.
All proposals must include:
- A completed Application Form (in English).
- A detailed description of the project (in English).
- Organizations should provide a mission statement and summary of activities and past achievements. Individual applicants should submit an up-to-date biography or curriculum vitae.
- Proof of not-for-profit standing (for organizations only).
- An itemized budget showing entire project expenses, income, and projected sources of funding. Applicants must notify the Foundation if other grants are awarded.
- Peer reviews must be submitted in support of the application, along with a copy of the manuscript. Normally conference proceedings are ineligible unless the essays have undergone significant revision and editing as components of a book.