Funding may be requested to support research and travel expenses to the Weill-Lenya Research Center and other locations of primary source material. Applicants must be researching a topic related to Kurt Weill, Lotte Lenya, and/or Marc Blitzstein. Applications are reviewed by an independent advisory panel per the KWF’s Evaluation Procedures and Criteria.
The annual application deadline is 1 November for proposals for projects and performances taking place on or after 1 January of the coming year and before 1 July of the year following. For example, the application deadline is 1 November 2023 for proposals for projects and performances taking place on or after 1 January 2024 and before 1 July 2025. (Proposals for retroactive funding of projects or performances will not be accepted.)
An additional application deadline of 1 June is primarily intended for College/University Performance grants for productions taking place in the following academic year.
Applications for support of major professional productions/festivals/exhibitions, etc., may be evaluated on a case-by-case basis without application deadlines.
Applicants are encouraged to contact Brady Sansone, Director of Programs and Business Affairs, (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss their proposal prior to submission.
- A completed Application Form (in English).
- A detailed description of the project (in English).
- An up-to-date biography or curriculum vitae.
- An itemized budget showing entire project expenses, income, and projected sources of funding. Applicants must notify the Foundation if other grants are awarded.
- A detailed research prospectus, a writing sample and at least one letter of recommendation.